1. do not let anybody take advantage of you. i don’t care if they’re your boss or your lover, no one has the right to treat you like shit.
2. you will only receive the respect you think you deserve so think highly about yourself and remember that you are worth the world and everyone ought to start treating you like it.
3. snide little comments are the how things manifest and sometimes they fester and grow into something that leaves you sick and weak and takes the air right out from your lungs. stop it while you can and protect yourself because a little wound leaves an opening for an poisonous words that can eat away at your insides.
4. sometimes people are not who you think they are. people are ever-changing and that means the person standing in front of you is not the same person you first met or the same person you spoke to last month or even the same person from five seconds ago.
5. people can be sweet but people can be vile. but you can decide who you want surrounding you. choose wisely and remember that it is okay to be selfish. it is okay to take care of yourself before anyone else.
6. time is irrelevant when it comes to who stays and who goes in your life. people change. you’ve changed. and if that means you don’t quite fall into step with the people you spent the last seven years with, then so be it.
7. but remember that you are a beautiful flower and you cannot let others destroy you. also remember that you are fierce lion and you are here to survive. you are here to live for no one but yourself.
― “I feel as if the things he says to me are emotional abuse but I don’t know how to let him go.” // k.c.w. (via dreamingtravesty)